Better utilization of duo-core?

John Henry john106henry at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 13:46:55 EDT 2006

Hi list,

I have a Python ap that starts another non-Pythoon ap for number
crunching.  My new notebook comes with a duo-core CPU.  I tried
manually running 2 copies of my ap at the same time) and it appears to
run the whole job faster (or at least the CPU loading level as show by
the task manager appears so).  So, I want my Python code to do this
automatically.

How do I detect whether I have additional CPUs in the system?  The
google search turns up answer about a Sun workstation but not Windows
XP.

Thanks,