conecting with a MsAcces DB by dao

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Mon Jul 3 12:32:20 EDT 2006

luis wrote:

> My problem was opening a query (not a table) on mdb file
>
> 1) If the query includes a where clause type
> field1="edf" and field2=3
> , for example, no problem, Access can retrieve a not empty recordset
> and my python code too.
>
> 2) But if the Access's query includes a LIKE clause, for example
> field1="e*"
> , Access can retrieves a not empty recordset but my python code
> retrieves a empty recordset.

Which is exactly what it _should_ return on that query, unless you have
records with "e*" in column field1.

The proper SQL clause is:

     ... WHERE field1 LIKE 'e*' ...

But, you did not include that part of the program, so you wound up
crippling those who were willing to try to help you, because you
thought you kinda-sorta knew what was going on (but not enough to
fix it).  Find "smart questions" and read it a couple of times.

--
--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org