Why XP can not run Python after being setting the PATH?

Daniel Mark danielmarkhot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 14:41:51 EDT 2006

Hello Dennis:

> 	A second suggestion would be: don't install Python in "Program
> Files", but put it at the top level of the partition (ie; C:\Python24\)

I guess your comment is right.
However, I would like to install Python under directory
"C:\Program Files\Python24"

Also, I list some screen shot from my machine as follows:

C:\Program Files\Python24>cd \

C:\>python

C:\>"Program Files\Python24\python.exe"
Python 2.4.3 (#69, Mar 29 2006, 17:35:34) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32
>>> ^Z

C:\>Program\ Files\Python24\python.exe
'Program\' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\>python111
'python111' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

It seems that XP know there is python.exe there, but cannot run it
correctly if
i use c:\python

The only way works on my machine is to run with full path.

Maybe there is not solution to this problem:)?

Thank you all:)