capture the output

ciccio at unical.it ciccio at unical.it
Fri Jul 21 03:20:51 EDT 2006

On 7/19/06, ciccio at unical.it <ciccio at unical.it> wrote:

Dear all,

I'm executing a program by os.spawnv() function. However the program print out
several things. I would to capture this output, but I don't know how.
Could you give me a suggestion?

Thank you

Ernesto

Hi Ernesto

could you use popen2 or are you bound to os.spawnv?

- Unfortunately I cannot use functions calling the cmd.exe. My operating system
is windows

Hmm can you elaborate on this, it works perfectly on my XP.

-  In reality It works also on my XP, but my application is a web application
and thus I have not all permissions and in particular the permission to run cmd.exe.

from os import popen2
dummy, stdout = popen2("prog")
stdout.readlines

and why not put this into a thread?

- Because I don't know how...

That was just an idea, does not matter for now.
Ciao
Roberto

Anyway thank you

Ernesto