What is a type error?

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Mon Jul 10 13:01:07 EDT 2006

Chris Smith wrote:
> If you wish to say "typestate" to mean this, be my guest.  It is also
> correct to say "type".

Sure. I just wasn't sure everyone here was aware of the term, is all. It
makes it easier to google if you have a more specific term.

> I'm not aware of a widely used language that implements stuff like this.

I've only used Hermes with extensive support for this sort of thing.
Hermes is process-oriented, rather than object-oriented, so it's a
little easier to deal with the "encapsulation" part of the equation
there. Sadly, Hermes went the way of the dodo.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     This octopus isn't tasty. Too many