Should this be added to MySQLdb FAQ?

gmax2006 mapsetah2000-maillist5 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 18 13:26:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

I went through couple of wrong paths to install MySQLdb on my RedHat
box. I was trying to download MySQL client from MySQL.com and also
mySQLdb from SourceForge. After some challenges with compile errors and
also searching for pre-required RPMs, I found RedHat distribution
already contains all compiled rpms and all I need are within CDs 3 and
4 of RedHat distribution!

In essence, I found that I should check my Linux distribution first,
then attempt to download stuff from sourceforge!

I also posted the question to this group:
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/41c53c2c932dfa58/f72f09a863bffdb2?hl=en#f72f09a863bffdb2

If this makes sense, should it be added to MySQLdb FAQ?

Regards,
Max