image output in matplotlib

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 3 10:34:31 EDT 2006

>>>>> "mart" == mart jeeha <buchstaebchen at googlemail.com> writes:

    mart> Hey folks, I got a problem in printing images from a
    mart> matplotlib - FigureCanvas Object (child of a wxFrame,
    mart> library backend_wx) into jpeg-formatted files. (I like to
    mart> create a sequence of images that I can assemble to an avi)
    mart> self.mycanvas.print_figure("test.jpg") merely gives an error
    mart> stating, that there should be "an image handler of type 17",
    mart> which I didn't come across ever :)

Was your wx built with jpeg support?  You might try png, which
matplotlib supports natively.

JDH