Math package

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jul 29 15:52:02 EDT 2006

diffuser78 at gmail.com:
> I want to write a program which would have a 2 dimensional array of 1
> billion by 1 billion. This is for computational purposes and evaluating
> a mathematical concept similar to Erdos number.

Maybe you are talking about the edges of a graph with 1e9 nodes. This
structure is surely quite sparse, so you don't need to store the edges
in a matrix, you can manage is as a sparse structure, and maybe you
don't need a Blue Gene.

If you find ways to clean your data, reduce the vertex and arc count,
and if you have a lot of memory, then maybe Boost Graph for Python may
suffice:
http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/bgl-python/

Bye,
bearophile