pyOpenGL tom demo segmentation fault

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jul 26 09:11:31 EDT 2006

matthew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Python 2-4-2,
> Numpy 24.2, and  PyOpenGL-2.0.2.01 install, along with glut 3.7.
>
> The 1st 'funny' thing is that I always seem to get two pythons in
> /usr/local/bin, ie python and python2.4.  These are exactly the same
> timestamp and size.

That's probably because they are both links to the same file. The
UNIX/Linux filesystem uses directory entries (links) to point to data
files, and so these two are almost certainly referencing the same data.

> The other problem is that the demos in ../site-packages/OpenGL/Demo/tom
> crash with a segmentation fault, although others (eg in ../NeHe) work
> OK.

If you don't get a traceback or any other diagnostic output it's rather
difficult to deduce what's causing the problem unless this is a known
bug. It does appear there may be problems with both numpy and opengl.

> I would be most grateful for any help ...

Others may be more assistance with the seg fault.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119