Using Python for my web site

Norman Khine norman at khine.net
Mon Jul 31 12:30:10 EDT 2006

northband wrote:
> Hi, I am interested in re-writing my website in Python vs PHP but have
> a few questions. Here are my specs, please advise as to which
> configuration would be best:
>
> 1.Dell Poweredge Server, w/IIS, currently Windows but considering
> FreeBSD
> 2. Site consists of result pages for auctions and items for sale (100
> per page)
> 3. MySQL (Dell Poweredge w/AMD) database server connected to my web
> server
> 4. Traffic, 30 million page loads/month
>
> I am trying to have the fastest page loads, averaging 100 items per
> result page.  I have read about using Apache's mod_python so I could
> use PSP.  Any help or tips are appreciated.
>
> -Adam

you should try http://www.ikaaro.org/itools it is a python library and
has all you need, although it is still in alpha state, it is running
some heavy applications such as http://destinationsflybe.com as an example.

for the mysql you can use the csv module.

for now it has not been ported on window$, try gentoo or freebsd

--
Norman Khine