a question about "return"

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Jul 4 01:38:06 EDT 2006

On 2006-07-04, yaru22 <yaru22 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What does it mean to have nothing after return?

It means to return None.

> Why do we even include "return" if we are not putting any
> value after?

If it's the last statement in the function, you don't need it.
Some people do it just as a formal indicate that that's the end
of the function.

OTOH, sometimes people want to return explicitly from somewhere
within the function:

def foo(x):
    if x<0:
        return
    else:
        whatever

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Two with FLUFFO,
                                  at               hold th' BEETS...side of