mod_python fails to load under wamp

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:33:16 EDT 2006

> "The Apache service named Apache.exe reported the following error:
>  before the error.log file could be opened."

I have just had a similar problem (same error message), not with
mod_python, but with another apache module. It turned out that the
latest version of XAMPP (the lamp-type stack distribution I'm using)
bundled Apache 2.2, where the module was only compatible with Apache
2.0 or earlier. I guess they must have changed the module interface in
2.2. Anyway, I solved the problem by downgrading to Apache 2.0.

Sounds like a similar problem here - I'll bet WAMP bundles Apache 2.2.