win32com.client.Dispatch - understanding error messages

mirandacascade at yahoo.com mirandacascade at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 07:53:26 EDT 2006

Duncan Booth wrote:
> wrote:
>
> Does using an absolute URL for the url parameter help any? You've specified
> a relative URL (i.e. the folder 12.5.81.49 under the current location).

I don't know the answer to that question.  I know that when I'm on the
same workstation and I copy/paste the string that is the url parameter
into my browser and press Enter, that a reply appears within the
browser, and that reply has content that suggests that the browser app
was able to 'talk' to an application on the other end.  The error
message being received in reply to the open method make me think that
the open method wasn't able to talk to any app on the other end.  I'm
not sure what can be inferred from that observation other than the url
parameter appears to be valid when it is used in a browser application.