Python SOAP and XML-RPC performance extremely low?

Jack nospam at invalid.com
Thu Jul 6 23:33:47 EDT 2006

No, I'm not using any accelerator. The code is extremely simple (from
toofpy):

# XML-RPC test
import xmlrpclib
srv = xmlrpclib.Server('http://localhost:4334/RPC2/greeting')
print srv.greeting('you', 5)

# SOAP test
import SOAPpy
srv = SOAPpy.SOAPProxy('http://localhost:4334/SOAP/greeting')
print srv.greeting('you', 5)

It really surprised me that they were so slow to execute.

news:mailman.7868.1152205602.27775.python-list at python.org...