simple question

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Jul 25 13:08:50 EDT 2006

Maxine Weill wrote:
> I need to install Python Imaging Library (PIL) - imaging-1.1.5.tar.gz
> (source ) onto Suse Linux 10.1 system in order for (latest) Scribus 1.3.3.2
> to install and work.
>
> Plesae indicate how I perform PIL install (exact commands/procedures)  in
> manner where files are "automatically" placed in proper directories, etc.

I though that PIL now used the standard setup system. If the package's
top level directory includes a file called "setup.py" then just run

python setup.py install

and you should be good to go. please note, however, that you should
really read the README about how to ensure you have support for JPEG and
zlib.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119