I thought I'd 'got' globals but...

meridian stephen.dover at onetel.co.uk
Fri Jul 7 05:43:23 EDT 2006

Thanks Bruno. Not only do you give solutions to my problem but also
throw in great MVC tutorials too.
You're a gent.

I'm using
controller -> A CherryPy app
views -> Cheetah Templating for the html & data
model -> mostly SQLite DB using pysqlite
also Config

It's only a desk-web app for single-user, so no concurrency issues.
However, taking on board your advice to avoid globals, I've now
realised that the info that I need to retain between pages can simply
be session information (for the only user) that can be initialised at
startup from the config.
So I'm looking at just storing it all in the cherrypy.session ram vs
using python globals.
Thanks again & Regards
Steve