Editing File

D duncanm255 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:08:32 EDT 2006

Hi, I currently have a Python app with a Tkinter GUI frontend that I
use for system administration.  Everytime it launches, it reads a text
file which contains info about each host I wish to monitor - each field
(such as IP, hostname, etc.) is delimited by !!.  Now, I want to be
able to edit host information from within the GUI - what would  be the
best way to go about this?  Basically I just need to either edit the
original host line, or write a new host line and delete the
original..thanks!