function v. method

danielx danielwong at berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 22 16:04:44 EDT 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> danielx a écrit :
> > Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

> >>(snip)

> >>Compared to machine language, Python source code is really abstration.
> >>
> > And machine language is an abstraction of pushing electrons around
> > circuits. I'm not sure I see your point, unless it is simply that
> > Python is easier than asm.
>
> Python is very hi-level, and very often well-written Python code is it's
> own better documentation.

Yes, Python is very easy to read, but who's supposed to be reading it?
Maintainers or users? I'm really against code acting as its own
documentation. Of course the code is authoritative, but should we
really EXPECT it to serve as a reference to users??

Appearantly, this view puts me in the minority...