Can I do it using python?? about xterm and telnet

Jim Segrave jes at nl.demon.net
Sun Jul 2 05:53:27 EDT 2006

In article <1151814697.201988.17140 at b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
valpa <valpassing at gmail.com> wrote:
>I'm a net admin for about 20 unix servers, and I need to frequently
>telnet on to them and configure them.
>It is a tiring job to open a xterm and telnet, username, password to
>each server.

Don't use telnet. it's clumsy and has security issues.

Use ssh with RSA or DSA keys. Then you simply do:

ssh username at machine_name

in an xterm and you are loggedis as user username on server
machinename. It's vastly more secure and more reliable.

If you're talking about initial setup of a machine (OS installation or
whatever), our solution was to have a post-install CD or floppy which
fetched standard server configuration data. This included an ssh
public key for our ssh-key distribution, so after running the
post-install disc, we could push out staff ssh-keys and logins were
available.

--
Jim Segrave           (jes at jes-2.demon.nl)