Very simple speed benchmark of few string substitions ways

Rafal Zawadzki bluszcz at jabberpl.org
Sun Jul 16 11:57:30 EDT 2006

I was curious of performance new Python 2.4 "Simpler String Substitutions"
so I decided to benchmark it. What I get

bluszcz at akira:~/python/benchmarks$ python template.py
         Normal python string substition = 0.017546 seconds
   PEP 292: Simpler String Substitutions = 0.243750 seconds
                   Jinja template system = 0.821844 seconds
                 Cheetah template system = 26.842872 seconds
bluszcz at akira:~/python/benchmarks$

To get i wrote small soft:
http://wiki.bluszcz.net/PythoneTemplatingSystemsSpeedBenchmark

Cheers,