[Mailman-Developers] Parsing and Rendering rfc2822

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Jul 6 14:45:53 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 14:17 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> ... don't forget for those folks who dislike
> pipermail one can with minimal effort use an external archiver.

Oh, and I should have added that one of the beefs with using an external
archiver is the disjoint UI between mailman and the archiver, the look
and feel and be very different. But since you're adding support for
stylesheets with mailman this issue is minimized, external archivers
become that much more attractive because it's easier to unify the look
and feel.

Speaking of stylesheets and customized UI, are you planning on having
the core mailman code generate xml, which then is transformed with xslt?
This might be more flexible than relying on javascript to control what
is presented to the user. Sites can then replace the xslt if need be.
Javascript still has a very valuable role to play and I'm not suggesting
not using it, but rather introducing an xslt transform means there would
be very little a site could not customize without ever touching mailman
internals.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc.