httplib, threading, wx app freezing after 4 hours

bryanjugglercryptographer at yahoo.com bryanjugglercryptographer at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 09:13:37 EDT 2006

Mark rainess wrote:
[...]
> It runs perfectly for about 4 hours, then freezes.
> I'm stuck. How do I debug this?
[...]
> Can anyone suggest techniques to help me learn what is going on.

By inspection: "errcode" is undefined; I expect you stripped the
example
a bit too far. If it is set to something other 200, it looks like you
loop out.

You are calling wx.CallAfter() from a different thread than runs the
GUI.
Is that documented to be safe? I've read that wxPostEvent() is is the
call to
use for this.

Next thing to try is adding enough logging to tell exactly what
statement
hangs.

--
--Bryan