Can I do it using python?? about xterm and telnet

Nicko usenet at nicko.org
Mon Jul 3 04:47:38 EDT 2006

placid wrote:
> Jim Segrave wrote:
> > In article <1151814697.201988.17140 at b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> > valpa <valpassing at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >I'm a net admin for about 20 unix servers, and I need to frequently
> > >telnet on to them and configure them.
> > >It is a tiring job to open a xterm and telnet, username, password to
> > >each server.
> >
> > Don't use telnet. it's clumsy and has security issues.
>
> if youre behind a firewall then it shouldnt matter.

No, no, no!  If you have 20 unix servers then this is likely not a tiny
company.  Most security breaches (according to the FBI/CSI computer
crime survey) are perpetrated by insiders.  If you log in using telnet,
and have to enter passwords that allow configurations to be changed,
then anyone on the local net can get those passwords.  Use SSH instead.
 Even SSH with passwords is hugely more secure than telnet.

Nicko