How do I pass a list to a __init__ value/definition?

ryanshewcraft at gmail.com ryanshewcraft at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 08:46:55 EDT 2006

Let me start with my disclaimer by saying I'm new to computer
programming and have doing it for the past three weeks.  I may not be
completely correct with all the jargon, so please bear with me.

Anyways, I'm writing a function which has a class called
"MultipleRegression."  I want one of the variables under the __init__
method to be a list.  I've got:

class MultipleRegression:
    def __init__(self, dbh, regressors, fund):
        self.dbh = dbh
        self.regressors = regressors

and I want to be able to enter regressors as a list like
MultipleRegression(dbh, [1,2,3,4], 5).  But when I do this only the 1
gets passed to regressors and thus to self.regressors.  Is there any
simple way to fix this?  Keep in mind that the length of the list may
vary, so I can't just create a set number of variables and then mash
them together into a list.

Thanks so much!  I really am getting into this whole programming thing.
 Its real challenging and very useful for my work.