import question on wx ?

Thu Jul 27 11:40:41 EDT 2006

diffuser78 at gmail.com wrote:
> I have installed wx and everything looks fine. I have written a small
> app that uses wx.
>
> When I run my program from the console like
> ubuntu $ python PROGRAM_NAME.py
>
> it gives error
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "Project.py", line 6, in ?
>     import wx
> ImportError: No module named wx
>

> But if I run the program from SPE (Stani's Python Editor) it just runs
> fine.

It could be that the Python version you are using to launch the app from
the console is the preinstalled version on your system and therefore
wxPython wasn't installed into that version. Do you have multiple
versions of Python installed? Probably SPE is using the other version
which *does* have wxPython in it.