execute a shell script from a python script

Thomas Nelson thn at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 18 13:21:36 EDT 2006

As described in the docs I pointed to before:
subprocess.call("foo.sh",shell=True)
Is the way to do it without args.  I think it is simplest to learn the
subprocess module because (quoting from the docs) this module intends
to replace several other, older modules and functions, such as:
os.system
os.spawn*
os.popen*
popen2.*
commands.*
This way you only need to learn one thing.  Actually I would like to
see some of these older functions deprecated.

THN