EuroPython 2006 and Py3.0

Lawrence Oluyede rhymes at myself.com
Fri Jul 14 13:54:23 EDT 2006

A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:

> If Python 3000 turns into a let's-try-all-sorts-of-goofy-new-ideas
> language, at least some of those ideas will turn out to have been
> mistakes, and then we'll need a Python 3000++ to clean things up.

And I also think "we" will lose some developers in the community. Python
is good because is flexible and it's tight to the need of people who
write code for passion, work and educational purposes (that's another
meaning of "multiple purposes language"). If Python turns to be only an
educational language... it will definitely fail.

--
Lawrence - http://www.oluyede.org/blog
"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea