Py2exe for packaging installers?

Tim N. van der Leeuw tim.leeuwvander at nl.unisys.com
Fri Jul 28 04:28:13 EDT 2006

K.S.Wong wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to find out what tools (platform-independent if possible) that I
> can use to package a goup (few) of installers to become an exe application.
> I have heard of Py2exe but have not use it before.  Could it be used to wrap
> different installers (for example Python and Leo, python-based application)
> together? Does the installers have to be python-based to be able to use
> Py2exe? Are there any other alternatives?
>
> Many thanks in advance for your advice
>
> regards
> Casey Wong

Hi Casey Wong,

If you download py2exe, you'll find a number of examples of how to use
py2exe to create installers using InnoSetup.
On the wiki, you'll also find examples of how to do this -- even with
pygtk applications.

However, it's not platform independant -- it'll be for windows only.

Cheers,

--Tim