fastcgi: how to accept HTTP requests, and return a result

thorley at gmail.com thorley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 11:55:27 EDT 2006

Greetings, I'm now merrily on my way developing a FastCGI Server in
python.
Thanks to help of others on this list I've got a proof of concept up
and
running.

Herein lies my question: My goal is to make this module as flexible as
possible,
so that it can receive requests from SimpleHTTP, or Cherrpy, or Webpy,
or any
other py web server.

What is the best way to accept HTTP requests and return the result?
Should I
subclass SimpleHTTPRequestHandler (as CGIHTTPRequestHandler does) or is
there
another/better way?

I dug around the net and the python source and didn't see much (next to
nothing) on
implementing your own request handlers, so I'm interested to hear what
ya'll have to
say.

Thanks
--