pyserial to read from DS1615 temperature recorder chip

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Jul 24 16:54:20 EDT 2006

On 2006-07-24, alexandre_irrthum at yahoo.com <alexandre_irrthum at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Logs of the serial traffic would be helpful.
>
> Here they are. First a log of the traffic generated by the
> T-logger GUI program, abtained with Portmon.

I try to avoid Windows as much as humanly possible, but one
thing that appears to be different is that Tlogger clears RTS
and your program sets it.  Try clearing RTS in your program
when you set up the serial port.

If clearing RTS doesn't help, I guess I'd try different flow
control settings (try enabling and disabling RTS/CTS flow
control).

Since you're dealing with binary data, make sure that Xon/Xoff
flow control is disabled.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  What's the MATTER
                                  at               Sid?... Is your BEVERAGE