3d simulation

Edmond Dantes edmond at le-comte-de-monte-cristo.biz
Thu Jul 13 20:54:12 EDT 2006

placid wrote:

> alimoe wrote:
>> > Genetic Programming or Genetic Algorithms?
>>
>> whats the difference?
>

> Genetic Programming:
> is an automated methodology inspired by biological evolution to find
> computer programs that best perform a user-defined task.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_Programming
>
> Genetic Algorithms: search technique used in computer science to find
> approximate solutions to optimization and search problems.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_algorithms

I would tend to think that Lisp is more suited for Genetic Programming than
Python is. However, it is possible to do. Heck, I even had the crazy idea
of doing Genetic Programming in C++ once, however ugly that would've
been!!!!!

Actually, there is an AI project that I'm doing in Python rather than Lisp
because Python is much better supported. A pity, really, since Lisp has so
much more power and expressiveness. Alas, Python has extensive libraries
and are well documented to boot. Only an academic would have the time to do
anything with Lisp. :-(

--
-- Edmond Dantes, CMC
And Now for something Completely Different: