Out of the box database support

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Mon Jul 3 13:14:14 EDT 2006

Alex Biddle wrote:
> Ah, so separate downloads then. At least now I know.
>
> Ergh... I checked the version of Python my current host is running and its 2.2.
>
> ...ergh....

This is why you really want a VPS (virtual private server).  The cost is
similar to a web host but you get to choose your own technologies and
versions.  Several companies come to mind:

http://westhost.com/
http://jvds.com/
http://linode.com/

I'm using Westhost, which provides Python 2.2 if you ask for it, but I
compiled Python 2.4 instead.  I didn't even have to ask whether I was
allowed to do that. :-)

Shane