War chest for writing web apps in Python?

Vincent Delporte justask at acme.com
Fri Jul 28 09:34:53 EDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:06:10 +0200, Vincent Delporte
<justask at acme.com> wrote:
(snip)

Thanks everyone for the input!

For the IDE: Ideally, I'd like something modern that uses language
wordlists (to show syntax, variables, etc. in different colors), a
window that lists all the procedures so I can easily jump from on to
the other, possibly an edit window that can fold code with the
familiar + sign in the left side, etc. I'll check out WingIDE and
Eric3.

For the GUI builder: It's just that I'm used to Delphi, ie. drawing
the interface with a mouse, but I guess the equivalent is just a
WYSIWYG HTML editor like DreamWeaver etc.

For the application engine: Indeed, I hesitate between CherryPy and
Django, as I've read a lot of nice things about both.

Hopefully, finding web hosters that support Python and those
frameworks won't be an issue?

Thanks.