Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 10:34:08 EDT 2006

Ray wrote:

> The lack of support for Oracle and SQL Server by Django is also a
> killer that'll prevent Django from being picked up by a LOT of
> companies (sadly, including mine :( ).

Uh, yeah. I was aware of Django but haven't had the time to delve into
it. If it doesn't support these larger scale database server types that
would indeed throw a red flag up in certain environments. What all
types doesn't it support? MySQL, PgSQL, SQL Lite, Pervasive SQL? I
know. I haven't made Google my friend and haven't STFW :-/