ImportError raised in script, not interactive session.

Jordan R McCoy jordanm at austin.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 31 19:21:07 EDT 2006

Assuming your setting the target directory to the overwatch folder, and you are starting the interactive session in your home directory, this is what is happening. The folder containing your package must be in the python path, not the folder itself. Try "PYTHONPATH=/home/directory python test.py". The reason it works in the interactive session, assuming you are starting it from your home directory, is that the current directory of the session is placed at the front of the import path; the value of PYTHONPATH is merely added after the current directory, and before the standard directories.

If this isn't the case, what are you using for TARGET_DIR?

Jordan