Execute Commands on Remote Computers over Network

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 06:57:10 EDT 2006

dylpkls91 wrote:
> I have been researching this topic and come up with some code to make
> it work. It uses SSL and requires the 3rd party package Paramiko (which
> requires PyCrypto). However, at this moment I have no network to test
> the code on! Trying to connect to localhost (127.0.0.1) fails.

Where is the code that is supposed to receive this connection? There
has to be something running on the target PC to accept incoming
commands. Paramiko appears to use SSH, which (as far as I know)
connects to a computer running an sshd program or equivalent and
executes commands via that program. If there's no sshd running on the
target, you can't do anything.

--
Ben Sizer