missing feature classes and missing fields

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 1 18:06:08 EDT 2006

Gary Herron schreef:
> subramanian2003 wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>>     How can I check missing feature classes in a folder/personal geodatabase using python script. And how can I check  missing fields in shape files. And also I want to check the attribute values using python.
>>
>> Thnx,
>> Subramanian.
>>

> This list is usually very helpful, however, I think you are going to
> need to be more specific to get an answer here.
>
> For instance,
>
> What's are "missing feature classes"?
> What's a "folder/personal geodatabase"?
> What's are "missing fields"?
> What's a "shape file"?
> On what object to you wish to check "attribute values"?

AFAIK, shape files are files with geospatial information used by ESRI
(http://www.esri.com/) products (and others). Features are the objects
in the geospatial database (roads, bridges, buildings, ...) and the
features have attributes and the attributes have values (e.g. a road may
have an attribute 'width' with a value '10 m').

But I still can't answer the question. I don't even know if there's a
way for python to read shape files. Maybe there's something to be found
at http://www.freegis.org/ or http://www.opensourcegis.org/.

Roel Schroeven