Compiling Python using the Portland Group compiler

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Thu Jul 13 10:43:15 EDT 2006

Nick,

> I would  try to find out if pgcc has any compatibility switches. I saw
> you turned optimization "off" but sometimes there is more you can do
> disable some of the advanced behind the scenes magic. So apply all
> those switches, run the tests and then try them one by one to find out
> how many you can enable before test fail again. If you compiled it as
> 64bit application, try to compile as a regular 32bit and see what
> happens.

Thanks for your suggestions. I already looked for switches that could
possibly change the interpretation of the C code, but I found nothing
other than the usual ANSI and C9x compatibility switches, which only
change the amount of warnings.

However, I will take up your suggestion and see if I can compile a 32-
bit executable.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48