Match First Sequence in Regular Expression?

Christos Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Thu Jan 26 12:13:27 EST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:09:18 GMT, rumours say that "Roger L. Cauvin"
<roger at deadspam.com> might have written:

>Thanks, but the second test case I listed contained a typo.  It should have
>contained a sequence of three of the letter 'a'.  The test cases should be:
>
>"xyz123aaabbab" accept
>"xyz123aabbaaab" reject

Here I object to either you or your need for a regular expression.  You see,
before the "aaa" in your second test case, you have an "arbitrary sequence
of characters", so your requirements are met.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
"Dear Paul,