Win32 Binary-only for 2.3.x?

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Wed Jan 4 16:13:59 EST 2006

dumpingrounds at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I must be going nutty, but I can't seem to find anywhere where I can
> get just the binaries for, say, 2.3.5 for win32.  I've googled high and
> low and all I come up with is installer (MSI/EXE) binaries and the
> source code.  They have to be somewhere.  I cant be the only person
> that doesn't want it wrapped in an installer.  If I search "win32
> python binary" I get about nine thousand results pointing to Mark
> Hammond's win32 Python page which, while it looks very helpful,
> provides win32 extensions for an already installed python distribution.
>

> So, I give.  Can someone point me to somewhere where there is a pile of
> Python 2.3 EXE and DLLs that I can happily dump somewhere on my system
> without having to install?  In case it matters, this is for a WAMP-like
> project I'm developing that includes a working Trac installation.
> Hence the need for Python, and the lack of need for an installer.  And
> no, I *really* don't want to compile from source.
>
> Many thanks in advance!

Sorry, have no idea how to get them online, but ...

an idea you have not yet excluded from beeing allowed to share with you
is to use a temporary system you install Python once on and then copy
over the files in order to get what you want (and then forget about the
temporary system). Is it really that hard to do, that it should be worth
to be provided separately?
Anyone who has Python 2.3.5 installed has the files you need on his
system, so another idea you have not yet rejected from beeing shared
with you is, that you ask around to gain access to them.

Claudio