Exception Handling

Heiko Wundram modelnine at bit-bukket.org
Thu Jan 12 12:28:02 EST 2006

Manish Kumar (WT01 - Software Products & OSS) wrote:
> I think the control is not coming to python code. The output of the
> above is ......(In main1 before assignment -- this print is inside the C
> function).
>

> In try
> In main1 before assignment
> Segmentation fault

And before you post again: you diagnosed the problem correctly. Control
isn't coming back to Python because of an error. It seems like your
C-extension is bombing out, that's what "Segmentation fault" means.

Now, go look at your C extension and ask yourself what's wrong there. This
is nothing you could solve with Python code or exception handling.

--- Heiko.