Help saving output onto a text file

continium at gmail.com continium at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 18:47:09 EST 2006

I have been learning python during the past weeks and I have been able
to program some interesting things. Python is my first and only
programing language from which I wish to enter the programing world.

My question was: if I have a simple program that for example calculates
the squares of 2 to 100 times, how can I write the resulting output
onto a separate text file?

I know about the open() function and I can write strings and such in
text files but I'm not able to write the output of my programs.

- Thanks in advance