copying a file from windows file system to ext2 and ext3

Dan M dan at wolf.com
Tue Jan 10 19:04:12 EST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:59:01 -0800, muttu2244 wrote:

> hi all
>
> could anybody please tell me how can i copy a file from windows file
> systems like FAT12, FAT16,FAT32 and NTFS to EXT2, and EXT3.
> Is their any function in python that we can do the above
>
> Thanks in advance
> Yogi

I'm sure more experienced hands will add comments here, but I believe
that's strictly dependent upon having the correct filesystem drivers
available on the system in question. Once you've mounted a Windows-type
file system on Linux you can manipulate the files that live there just as
if they were created on a real OS :)

Dan