C regex equiv to Python implementation?

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 8 07:59:46 EST 2006

On 6 Jan 2006 11:24:14 -0800, techiepundit at futurepundit.com <techiepundit at futurepundit.com> wrote:
> Ganesan,
>
> I'm trying to stay portable between Windows and Linux. My app will run
> on Linux when deployed. But we do a lot of simulation on Windows
> because of better dev tools available on Windows.

(Lots of people seem to do so, and I can't understand why. I tend to
translate that to "we're not comfortable with working on our target
platform" ...)

> So I really want a regular expression implementation that'll compile
> under MS VS 2003 C++ and also under Gnu C++ for Linux on both x86 and
> ARM targets.

Read the parent posting again. He recommended PCRE as the best compatible
solution. It would surprise me /a lot/ if that didn't compile on Windows.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!