templates

projecktzero projecktzero at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 14:03:29 EST 2006

For some of the web programming I've done in Python, I've used
htmltmpl. I had some experience with it in Perl, and found a Python
version.

http://htmltmpl.sourceforge.net/

I like that there's nearly a complete separation between the
presentation and the code. This is great when one person is designing
the pages and another is writing the code to drive those pages.
However, that's usually not the case for me. I'm usually doing both,
and I'm thinking there's got to be something possibly better out there.
I'm curious about other templating systems. I wouldn't be opposed to a
little bit of code in the template. I just don't want to go to the
other extreme of something like PHP or ASP. i.e. all code in the
template.

What web templating systems do you use and why?

Mike
(Note: I posted this on the tutor mailing list week, but I didn't get
any replies, so I thought I'd try here.)