The "real" name

engsolnorm at hotmail.com engsolnorm at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:50:47 EST 2006

I'm playing with a sudoku GUI...just to learn more about python.

I've made 81 'cells'...actually small canvases

Part of my scheme to write the cells (all 81 of them in the gui) to a file (using the the SAVE callback/button), then
restore the gui cells from the contents of the saved file, which depends on knowing the "name" of the cell with the
focus, or one (or more) which have a number.

The print shows .9919624.9990312, but this nunber (name?) does not work in:

cell-name of cell-.create_text(18,18, text = somevar, fill = 'blue' , font = ('arial', 18, 'bold'))

Also, how can I declare a variable outside of the mainloop/callback scheme which would be 'known' to the callbacks?

Thanks,
Norm