Xah's Edu Corner: the bug-reporting attitude

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Jan 5 01:27:50 EST 2006

Roedy Green <my_email_is_posted_on_my_website at munged.invalid> wrote:

>On 2 Jan 2006 13:16:26 -0800, "Xah Lee" <xah at xahlee.org> wrote, quoted
>or indirectly quoted someone who said :
>
>>When a software is ostensibly incorrect, and if it is likely in
>>connection to egregious irresponsibility as most software companies are
>>thru their irresponsible licensing, the thing one should not do is to
>>fawn up to their ass as in filing a bug report, and that is also the
>>least effective in correcting the software.
>
>I think a lot of us have a problem with you pontificating in such a
>grandiose style when you have not first proved you know what you are
>talking about with participation in the discussions of day to day
>coding problems.

Xah Lee (1) is a write-only poster who pontificates but never reads
replies, and (2) cares not a whit that the rest of us believe him to be a
moron.

In a sense, I envy him.  I hold a number of strong and somewhat
controversial opinions that I hesitate to expose in public, for fear of
being laughed at and labeled as a nutcase.  Xah Lee has absolutely no such
fears.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.