testing units in a specific order?

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Mon Jan 9 08:48:13 EST 2006

Disclaimer: I am a contributor to the py-lib, of which py.test is part
of (but have not worked on py.test until now).

Michele Simionato wrote:
> You could use py.test

Indeed. It has exactly this feature (together with many nifty others):
all tests are run in the order they appear in the test-file. The website
of the py-lib is at

http://codespeak.net/py

the documentation page for py.test is

http://codespeak.net/py/current/doc/test.html

If you like it so much (and I am being optimistic here :-) that you want
to switch tests that use the stdlib unittest module over to py.test you
can use a script called utestconvert.py which converts the unittest
syntax over to py.test syntax. It can be found in the tool directory of
the py-lib.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich Bolz