Codec Search Function

Giovanni Bajo noway at sorry.com
Fri Jan 27 19:16:38 EST 2006

James Stroud wrote:

> How do I get the SVN version? Maybe that is not the one I have.

svn export svn://pyinstaller.hpcf.upr.edu/trunk pyinstaller

> This
> crashes on the version I have (complete program listing):
>
>     "abcde".encode('hex')
>
> LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding

I tried it and it works for me with a default spec file. Try again with latest
PyInstaller from SVN, or otherwise please enter the "buildXXXXX" directory made
by PyInstaller through the build process, and execute "ArchiveViewer.py
out1.pyz" (ArchiveViewer.py is shipped with Python). It will display a list of
all the packaged modules: in my list, 'encodings.hex_codec' appears.
--
Giovanni Bajo