OT: excellent book on information theory

Alex Martelli aleax at mail.comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 01:36:17 EST 2006

Terry Hancock <hancock at anansispaceworks.com> wrote:
> due to the Evil Conspiracy of region-coding, I couldn't
> watch the British DVD even if I were to import it (Well,
> yeah I could, but it would be painful, and probably illegal,

I have a region-free DVD player here in CA -- considering that I brought
with me a hundred or more DVDs from the old country, and I get as many
more here in shops or via netflix, I really couldn't do without.  I
legally ordered it on the web and it was legally delivered.  What's
illegal about it?!

Alex